Friday, September 6, 2013

#5: homemade "Raw Bite Cacao" Bar // Recovered..

[zum Beitrag auf Deutsch geht's hier!]

Hello everyone! Sorry for posting that late but today was such a sunny day, I spent it after working out on my balcony and outside in the sun and totally forgot about the time :-)
I hope you also had an amazing day and a great start into the weekend!
Today's recipe is very simple and shows you how to make your own "Raw Bite Cacao" bar at home!
Raw Bites are fully raw bars which are only sweetened with natural ingredients (dates). They are more chewy than crunchy but sooo delicious.
So here's my try to "copy" them:




You need:
- 1/2 cup deglet nour dates (10 pieces)
- 1/2 cup almonds, soaked in 30ml water for about 10-20 minutes
- 1-2 tablespoons (raw) cacao powder




How to do:
Blend dates (probably cut into smaller pieces before), almonds (with soaking water!) and the cacao powder. Mix until you have a creamy texture, mine was not as smooth as the original one, but I like having something to bite, so I left some bigger pieces of almonds in ;-)
Now fill the "batter" into a box layered with parchment paper or form small balls out of it. If you prefer you can roll them in some more cacao poweder, nut flour, shredded coconut,...
Afterwards refrigerate it for 1 hour minimum.

Then enjoy!


Recovered
I took this picture one month after I went vegan. In this time I watched films like earthlings and read a lot about the background of veganism what made me so sad and angry. That made me wanting to transform my feelings into a picture. 
This picture was the first one which exactly came out as I "planned" it in my head, that never happened before and it's the reason why it means so much to me. 
I actually planned to add this picture to my very first blog post here, but then it seemed too extreme for a salutation.

Now I recovered it again while looking through the picture folders on my laptop and wanted to share it with you. The message behind this picture is simple: animals lose their identities nowadays. They are products or they yield products. That's why I chose the frozen skin colour and the scan code. The numbers on the code stand for the animals an average person consumes in his life.

Source is this T-Shirt: here! 

Photo/Edit/"Model": me


Although this sad discovery I wish everyone a great and relaxing weekend :-)

1 comment:

  1. the raw cacao bites look delicious!
    I also like the idea behind your picture, and I get why it means so much to you. It also makes me angry sometimes when I see how many non-human animals are killed for humans, I try to be positive though and try to bring veganism to my family and friends and enjoy vegan blogs on the internet :-) otherwise you only hurt yourself, when you're trying to do the best you can.

    ReplyDelete